Hip Hop Hub are looking for bright, enthusiastic creative writers who are passionate about hip hop/rap music and culture.
Launched in November 2014, Hiphophub.co.uk is a website for all lovers of Hip Hop arts, culture, fashion and music in the UK. At the moment our website provides all the latest singles, news and mixtapes from the hottest hip hop artists from around the world. We’re looking to expand into providing original and engaging content on the following areas aspects of hip hop: arts, culture, fashion and showcasing home grown talent – this is where you come in!
Our readership: 18-35 year olds [predominantly from the UK] who interested in all things Hip Hop.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We want your experience to be a collaborative one; we want this to be a 360 role where not only will you be writing articles, you can:
– Dip into the marketing side i.e. the social media promotional aspect of the business.
– Show your entrepreneurial flair by providing new ideas and insights
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain online journalistic/content-writing experience. We want this to be a collaborative project; we want to create a team that works together to achieve a common goal – that is – to spread Hip Hop culture to a UK audience.
We will be on hand 24/7 to provide support as and where appropriate; we also have a myriad of article titles/ideas to get you started!
Being passionate about Hip Hop is not a prerequisite, if you have a penchant for creative writing and are willing and able to learn and research about Hip Hop culture, then we’d love to have you onboard.
We’re ideally looking for University students who are looking to gain a little bit of work experience that wont interfere with their studies and other extra curricular activities. That having been said we welcome applicants from ALL backgrounds – as long as you are over 16 we will consider your application.
Your responsibilities will include but are not exclusive to:
– Writing articles on hip hop issues/news
– Assisting with site content creation and management
– Site quality control and site testing
– Social media promotion
– Passion for creative/content writing
– High attention to detail
– Ability to getting things done quickly, and to a high standard
– Knowledge of WordPress
– Interest or passion for Hip Hop arts, music and culture
– Background or extensive knowledge in SEO best practices
– Image editing skills e.g. Photoshop
– Be able to offer suggestions and contribute to the development of the site in general
– Experience working on a website e.g. you have your own blog
This is theoretically an unpaid student internship but as we believe an incentive is essential to motivation, on top of a great experience, you will get:
– 50% commission on the advertisement (Google Adwords) sales you generate. This commission is linked to your involvement and is Uncapped! All you need is a Google Adwords account; if you don’t have an account, we can help you set one up.
So, if have a flair for creative writing, are looking to gain some experience in the online content writing field and/or have a passion for Hip Hop culture, then please get in touch by emailing ([email protected]) with your CV attached and a few sentences on why you think you are a good fit for the role!